Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!

Yes, I know, bloggers should be taking a holiday today. And it's never a good idea to spend Christmas alone.

But in my case, I have a project to catch up with, and I wouldn't have been able to get out of town before Christmas Eve anyway. And once I'm done with the projects I have some major housekeeping to do. (Hey, I'm a bachelor with an aversion to housework. What can I say?)

It won't be too bad. I'm planning on calling my sister and our folks later on this afternoon, to wish the family a good Christmas greeting. And I'm making good progress on this project.

Yes, it's nice that Christmas is a time for family. But I would argue that it's not the most important Christian holiday, even though there's a lot of blogging down south about it.

When you get right down to it, it's Easter, not Christmas, that's the most important Christian festival. Birthdays happen all the time. Resurrections don't. If Christmas is about faith, then Easter is about hope.

But of course, they're both about love. Which is pretty much the point about Christianity.

Have a happy Christmas, everyone.