Saturday, June 11, 2005

Music-Tagged, Or, The Ravisher's Revenge

Paul Denton over at Ravishing Light has seen fit to score his revenge on me for my book-tagging him. In this case, we have a music-tag, in which bloggers answer the following questions:

1) How many music files are there on your computer?
2) What was the last CD you bought?
3) What song do you have playing in ITunes?
4) Which five songs mean a lot to you?


Okay, here goes:

1) I'm not sure how to measure it, but I remember loading five audio CDs onto my computer. The thing is, three of them are sound effects CDs that I was using for animation projects: Hanna-Barbera, Warner Bros. Looney Tunes, and Star Trek the Original Series.

The other two are soundtrack scores: the first being The Best of James Bond : 30th Anniversary Limited Collection. Essentially title tracks and incidentals to all the films from Connery to Dalton (it was published before the Brosnan era). It was a deluxe, 2-CD set, which I like because the second CD includes something called The Thunderball Suite.

As for the other sound track, well, that's in:

2) the latest one I bought. Actually it's a replacement for one that got stolen from me earlier -- The Film Music of Akira Kurosawa. Title tracks from most of his movies beginning from the early 1950s to the present day. Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, The Hidden Fortress, Throne of Blood, Ran, etc.

3) That's an easy one to answer: I don't normally listen to music in ITunes when I'm working on my home computer. I either have the radio or the TV on in the background, or nothing at all.

4) Hmmm ...

a) The Raiders March by John Williams. Those of you who've seen the way I normally dress will understand why.

b) "That's Amore" by Dean Martin. I'm real big on the Rat Pack.

c) "Yojimbo" by Masaru Sato. Easily conjures up my favorite samurai hero.

d) "Theme from The Fellowship of the Ring" by Howard Shore. What can I say -- you hear those violins playing, you can't help but think of Middle Earth.

3) "Fly Me To The Moon" by Frank Sinatra. Did I mention I was big on the Rat Pack?

All right, let's find 5 more victims -- er, other bloggers to tag:

1. Canadianna's Place
2. Jay Jardine at The Freeway to Serfdom
3. Linda at The Great Pumpkin
4. Andres at Bound By Gravity
5. Shannon Davis at Shenanigans