Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Movie Tag, Huh?

Hey, I'll admit it: I'm a sucker for a good movie. And since Angry tagged me in on this, here goes:

As a child: Herbie Rides Again


I saw this in the old Orpheum Theatre in Vancouver, before they turned it into a hall for the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra. As a kid I liked the idea of a car with a mind of its own. (And the fact that the car's make coincided with my own initials didn't hurt either.)

As a teenager: Raiders of the Lost Ark


I didn't get to see too many movies in my high school years, but this is a memorable one.

In university: Roxanne


This was actually my first "date" movie. Steve Martin as a modern-day Cyrano was pretty cool.

Recent years: The Kurosawa/Mifune Samurai Films


Seven Samurai. Throne of Blood. The Hidden Fortress. Yojimbo. Sanjuro. Masters of storytelling, all of them.

All-time favorite: Yojimbo / A Fistful of Dollars
The same story, really. I did a write-up about them here.

Now, who to tag in? Oh, I know:

The Raging Kraut
Canadianna
Babbling Brooks

Heh.