Sunday, August 28, 2005

Random Thoughts on the Canadian Anime Expo

I managed to attend all three days of the Canadian National Expo, focusing mainly on the anime parts, but it was on Saturday that I opted for this outfit.

Oddly, even without the jacket (I left it in the hotel room on Friday and Sunday) I wound up getting the Raiders March whistled or hummed around me by at least 30 people. (I think after I wash the shirt I'll save it for next Halloween.)

And yes, I definitely have to do something about my gut.


Mind you, I wasn't the only George Lucas-inspired fashion plate moving around. Here we see a gathering fit for the New Alliance Museum: the Evolution of the Stormtrooper from the Clone Wars to the present age. (Which was still a long time ago in a galaxy et cetera.)



Now, of course you'd expect some good-looking cosplay at CNAnime. I can't say I recognize all the shows that these cosplayers are playing, but it's all in good fun, right?



As you can probably tell, I had a great time. The Saturday Evening Masquerade was a ton of fun, seeing all those people (and things -- I hope the Dalek took a prize) is somewhat reassuring for a geek like yours truly. Even if the lineup was a bit long.