Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My Kinsella Audit

Angry_in_TO, proprietor of Angry in the Great White North, has asked his fellow Blogging Tories to do a Kinsella Audit. Well, I may not be a Blogging Tory (I don't know if I qualify), but an audit seems like the right thing to do, so here goes:

1. Feminists -- er, nope. Nothing written here.

2. Gay marriage -- maybe one that could be considered anti, if you stretch the definition. The other four just keep score on Bill C-38 in the House of Commons, and since I'm reasonably even-handed on those, they don't count.

3. The UN -- One. And a half.

4. Bilingualism -- Nope.

5. Immigration -- nada.

6. Anti-tobacco laws -- well, I used to work for the Canadian Council for Tobacco Control's clearinghouse program, but I guess that doesn't count.

7. Liberals -- aw heck, I've got plenty of those.

8. Floridation of water -- no, but I wouldn't've thought that'd still be an issue.

9. The metric system -- zip.

10. The West Wing -- gee, I thought the Beast allowed Belle to use that part of the house. Or am I thinking about something else?

Hmph. Four out of 10. Either I'm not a true Blogging Tory (always a possibility) or Kinsella's definition is seriously out of whack with the Real World.